Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pork loin...mushroom and asparagus


Want to get your kids eating more vegggies? Well always make sure it's on their plate, it will only be a matter time before they acceprt it and devour it all!
This is a simple but so flavorful dish. I begin with a pork loin and rub some thyme, herbamare, oregano and garlic powder, 1 tbsp olive oil over it and roast in oven - cover pan with foil-for about 45 min (375 oven). I add some water into pan for moisture so it doesn't smoke too much with oil.
Meanwhile I cut up some veggies like mushrooms, asparagus and green onions. I saute them in some olive oil or a mix of butter or margarine(non hydrogenated) and cook the veggies in some broth or water and more herbs (thyme, oregano, herbamre and garlic powder). I add 3 tbsp of lemon juice or white wine. I also add 2 tbsp only of cream for a light sauce. Cut your pork loin into rounds and place in pan with cream veggie sauce and let simmer for about 5 minutes -sprinkle some fresh parsley and you are ready to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment