Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sexy salad!


I swear this is the only way I can really eat healthy without over eating with too many calories. I always bring a lunch to work and this is one of my favorites... doesn't it look mouth watering...had to post a pic!
Always have green veggies everyday , twice a day in fact is ideal. I love green lettuce or spinach, cuks, red peppers and green onions-add whatever you have that is fresh and crisp! I always add a source of protein ie grilled chicken or tuna, tofu or hummus. I top it off with nuts or seeds(pumpkin or sesame and any nut you like)
The dressing is olive or walnut oil, balsamic or apple cider vinegar and some herbamare and garlic powder. Herbs give a nice flavor and makes a difference so add whatever ie oregano,parsley, cilantro, mint, basil etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment