Thursday, October 29, 2009

Veal Stew...Italian Style


I like to make my stew with veal or bison, because of the nutritional value is higher in bison than beef.
I have different variations but usually I use:
1 lb cubed veal
1/4 c flour
1 can of tomato sauce or homemade sauce
2 small white potatoes cubed
1 small sweet potato cubed
2 ribs celery chopped
10 baby carrots chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 onion chopped
1.5 tbsp olive oil
2 cups water
black pepper, herbamare,garlic powder
In a large pot, add some oil and turn on med. heat. take theveal cubes and toss in flour to coat with flour, add to pot and sear until just browned. I add the rest of the ingredients and let simmer for 1.5 hours, you can add less or more water.
I usually add worcestershire sauce and soy sauce to make it darker in color. This is nice with brown rice or just pita bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment