Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stewed Zucchini...my mom's recipe!



I love this zucchini dish-it reminds me of when I was at home growing up and in the summer my mom would make this dish with her fresh zucchini and tomatoes from our garden...the house smelled wonderful.

2 medium sized zucchini, chopped in quarters
1/2 onion chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
1 jar or can tomato sauce
1 pepper chopped (mix green and red)

3 tbsps olive oil
minced garlic, herbamare, black pepper, oregano
Fresh parsley
In a medium pot, add oil onions, celery and garlic, on low and let cook 1 minute. Add tomatoe sauce peppers and zucchini. Add the herbs and let simmer 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender-not mushy. I served it with Tilapia w/ pesto and a baked sweet potatoe (I microwave it for 6 minutes).

1 comment: