Thursday, May 14, 2009

Turkey Meatloaf and Coleslaw salad



This is a standard dish in our home, the kids reallllly love it! I always make either mashed potatoes and coleslaw or peas as sides ...a real classic!
1 lbGround Turkey
1 whole egg (organic free range)
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 tsp herbamare
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (optional)..just gives it a darker color- I didn't use any this time. Also you can cut up onion and parsley really thin and mix it in!

In a bowl mix everything until one big mass of meat, put in oven dish or pan sprayed with cooking spray. I use my bread pan for baking-comes wonderful! Cook for about 50 min-1 hr at 350.
Coleslaw salad:
1/4 cabbage ...cut into slivers or shredded as finely as possible
2 tbsp low fat mayo with 2 tbsp white vinegar, herbamare and a little pepper.
I use olive oil and red wine vinegar and add parsley for my portion instead of mayo!








No comments:

Post a Comment