Friday, April 17, 2009

Balsamic Glazed Salmon

Good Morning,
I always try plan my meals ahead so I know exactly what I'll be making to make sure I have the ingredients I need. After a while it becomes second nature to plan ahead.
I try to eat fish and seafood at least a few times a week. Tonight I am having Salmon and this is one of my favorite ways to cook Salmon. It is important to get the "Wild" salmon from the "Pacific", stay away from farm raised salmon that are grown in tanks that don't swim in the wild. Read up on this you won't ever want to each anything else but Wild Pacific!
You get the benfits of omega's from the Salmon, and antioxidants from the superfoods: garlic, mustard, oilve oil, asparagus,zucchini and broccoli, whole grains and sweet potato.
Ingredients:
Pacific Wild Salmon fillets
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
2 tablespoons honey
8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard or mix Dijon with regular
Salt & pepper to taste, I always use Herbamare (aromatic sea slat)
Method:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat a small saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook and stir garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Mix in white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Arrange salmon fillets on pachment paper on baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 14 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Brush fillets with remaining glaze.
Serve with steamed green vegetables such as baby zucchini, asparagus and broccoli. I also serve it with a starch or grain: brown rice or basmati brown rice or baked sweet potato.
(I add olive oil and balsamic vinegar with oregano, garlic powder, herbamare dressing to my veggies)
Hope you enjoy your Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to eat that babe? What's for dinner tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow night?...you are taking me Violet Angel Restaurant!

    ReplyDelete