Monday, April 20, 2009

My Favorite Oatmeal



This is the only way I truly enjoy Oatmeal. I use steel cut Oats. ( I buy PC Blue Menu brand)

Oatmeal is such a great superfood-it contains soluble fibre, plant protein, silicon a mineral responsible for building beautiful skin, hair, bones and teeth and essential for brain and nerve growth during youth so necessary for our kids.

I cook the oats in water and always add cinnamon and ground flaxseeds (1 tbsp). 1 cup of uncooked oats yields enough for a few mornings. I eat only 1/2 c cooked and I also eat 3-4 egg white scramble with cinnamon for a balanced breakfast!

Add ins: 1 tbsp of almond butter or pb, chopped dates, raisins, chopped pecans or almonds, fruit (berries, apples, banana) etc.


Make it your favorite too!


No comments:

Post a Comment